3M 8979 Performance Plus Duct Tape is a performance-grade duct tape for indoor and outdoor use. It can be removed cleanly with no residue from most opaque surfaces for up to six months after it is applied. It's strong waterproof backing resists wear, abrasion, moisture, and weathering for long-term performance and weatherability. 3m 8979 can be used for permanent or temporary applications. Features & Benefits
• Aggressive adhesive for quick and reliable attachment.
- High tensile strength for demanding applications.
- Easy to tear by hand straight across and down without curling for ease of application.
- Tack-free roll edges to keep roll clean and minimize waste.
- Writable surface for marking and identification.
- Resistant to delamination and deterioration when exposed to UV outdoors for up to one year.
Made in Canada. If not otherwise specified lengths shown in dropdown are in feet. NOTES: Sizes shipped will typically be the tape industry standard metric-cut sizes, i.e. 24mm for each 1 inch of nominal tape width ordered (rolls are approximately 5% narrower than the nominal size). This product's actual size is 48mm x 23m. As with any adhesive tape product it is always the user's responsibility to determine that the product is suitable for their intended use; e.g. if you want to remove a product cleanly from a specific type of substrate please test on an inconspicuous area first.Technical Information
- Core: 3 inch diameter
- Backing/Carrier: polyethylene film over cloth scrim
- Adhesive: rubber
- Standards Met: UL 723; ASTM E84
- Thickness: 12.1 mils (carrier, adhesive)
- Adhesion: 48 ounces per inch (to stainless steel test panel)
- Tensile Strength: 36 pounds per inch (longitudinal)
- Service/Operating Temperature: up to 200F
- Elongation: 19 %